Who are they?
If you’re reading this, 99% that you’ve passed registration processes including AML and KYC checkups minimum at once. So, you probably know that it’s one of the most annoying things in the world, especially when you’re actively participating in the market. Civic Identity Platform designed to help us with this problem and makes it really easy. Project has been launched in Summer’17 and raised $33 MLN in their crowdsale. After New Year, Civic team is going to launch full functionality of their platform. For now it’s at “Closed Beta” stage of development.
To start using Civic ecosystem, you should download mobile application from AppStore or Google Play, after that you’ll be able to add your identification data and create your personal profile where you’ll be able to customize access to your personal information. Providing real-time authentication is one of the core functions. For such things, Civic use wide variety of different interfaces including, but not limited to Bluetooth, NFC or QR-codes.
Civic is a b2b2c company. On the one hand, team should develop strong network of businesses who is accepting their script as an authentication method. On the other hand, they should have big enough user base to be valuable for existing businesses.
Score: 5 out of 5. Comment: Project information is represented quite well. White Paper is short and mostly lack of information, but since the end of ICO Civic Team has used a lot of other different channels of communication. All you need to know is available at their website. Development is going accordingly to their roadmap. Android App has 10k+ downloads and people’s awareness of their product is at high level.
Main components of the ecosystem
- Secure identity platform. It based on a trusted and verified user’s data to provide people with multi-factor authentication both on WebApps and Mobile applications without actual need to enter your password or username.
Main features of Security Identity Platform:
- E-Signature. Providing an ability to sign e-documents
- Social network authentication. No login/pass anymore on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Financial services authentication. It works great for both cryptocurrency and fiat money
- Medical records keeping. Trusted storage with instant access to the required data
2. Civic Marketplace. Nothing new. It’s just a built-in marketplace to connect validators (government agencies and similar institutions) with average users who is looking for validation any of the personal information.
3. Identity Theft Protection. Service which will include the following components:
- Identity Theft Monitoring
- Identity Monitoring Alerts
- Fraud Support (24/7 US based)
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Score: 4 out of 5. Comment: When the project has been announced, only secure identity platform was core product. Later on they’ve developed other types of services. For now mostly all of them are under development, so no demo or MVP available (except Secure Identity Platform)
Team of the project
Team section looks very poor on the official webpage. Only founders are published, other team members haven’t been mentioned there, but Civic is hiring now and we’ve found around 4 vacancies at their official webpage
Score: 3 out of 5. Comment: Team section must contain information about entire team. Moreover, it should be written personal roles and areas of responsibility.
- Ticker: CVC
- Token Price: 000058 BTC
- Tokens for Sale: 330 000 000 CRPT
- HardCap: $33 000 000 (raised successfully)
Score: 5 out of 5. Comment: They’ve closed ICO at the mid of last summer and successfully reached their HardCap.