Probably, everyone who is related to the crypto industry have heard the breaking news from the last week: Google will ban crypto-related ads from the Summer’18. Of course, all services under the Google’s umbrella will go the same way. What does it mean for the industry where marketing is so important? We have decided to make a Question and Answer (Q&A) sessions with companies who is directly involved into the marketing of ICO projects and do really understand what does the ban means.
Our first guest is Ivan Bazhutin, Head of Sales at Crynet – one of the market makers in the industry.
Crynet is one of the TOP-5 ICO marketing agencies, rated by ICObench. They have served more than 20 successful ICOs with a lot of names you’ve 100% heard: SophiaTX, PlayKey, HOQU and Earth Token. They have a quite wide range of services which will help you to close your ICO stage successfully.
One of the services is AdWords campaign and after the ban, in Summer’18 they should find new advertising channels and know how we’ve made a short survey and now will see how is Crynet going to resolve the situation.
- Q: What do you think about Facebook, Google and Yandex banned ICO and crypto related ads?
- Ivan Bazhutin’s answer: Personally, I think that was the right decision. Please, pay a big attention to that fact that there are no any good projects who have suffered from the ban so much.Who was the target audience of that socials/search tools? Professional investors? I guess not – we can also find them in another resource.The main category, which the advertisement was shown, was neophytes – just newbies without any specific crypto knowledge or even financial knowledge at all.And, no doubt, lots of crypto investors make a choice unconsciously, often to choose at level: “Wow that’s a great idea, I think I’m in” and of course there is nothing about fundamental and technical analysis at all. As a result – lots of investors invested their money in really questionable projects, what really was bad both for crypto market and for our agency.
ICOguru’s opinion: We agreed here with Mr. Bazhutin and think, that in the biggest trouble after AdWords ban will be only SCAMS and projects created only for the fundraising purpose.
- Q: What is your favorite PR method you’re using when promoting projects?
- Ivan Bazhutin’s answer: The best method of PR: The real story of the project and the team with really good background experience. In other words: having a really “long tail” of mentions about the previous projects with great success, interviews with the team members – that all makes fascinated entourage to the project and makes it reliable to investors.
ICOguru’s opinion: That is also correct. The problem with such method is time. To receive a lot of mentions and buzzword effect, project need to be well established already or use influencers on the first stages of the development.
- Q: Which traffic sources are you planning to use after the ban?
- Ivan Bazhutin’s answer: To have the sufficient coverage we plan to use the following sources: Fund pools; ICO Pools; Listings; ICO Sheets; Display ads on the top crypto sites; Mobile Ads.
- Q: How much does it cost, to launch ICO today?
- Ivan Bazhutin’s answer: If you will have look at the competitor’s prices you will see a start from 50 BTC . We are strongly believe that if you have a really outstanding , non-copied idea and great team members, it will be enough $100k to raise from $5 millions
ICOguru’s opinion: It is very hard to predict the amount needed to promote and successfully close an ICO, but from the previous experience, projects with great idea can sell itself without huge amount of money for advertising.
- Q: May you give an advice for those who are going to launch their ICO?
- Ivan Bazhutin’s answer: The best option – if you have a really good idea and you’re totally sure about your successfulness of the project – you should better go to funds first, because, as a fact – around 80% of all ICO raised capital was attracted from funds and only 20% from the crowdsale.
It was a great discussion and we are very pleased to make this collaboration material with Mr. Ivan Bazhutin and the entire Crynet team!
It was the Question and Answer (Q&A) session with the Head of Sales at Crynet – one of the best ICO marketing agency. If you have any questions to Mr. Bazhutin, feel free to leave a comment below and we will try to find out his opinion and will let you know.
Soon we’ll prepare another Q&A related to the topic, so stay tuned and you will know all from the crypto industry right on our website.
If this Q&A was useful for you, please consider to share this page with your friends and leave comments!