The World of crypto-assets has appeared just a few years before today, but blockchain, lying under the hood of almost every project, is already very old technology. Despite it, blockchain industry (Let’s call it so. – Auth. note) has incredible volatility and gaining huge profits alongside with comparable losses. Today it is not a big surprise that a lot of people, mostly unknown, have made billions on crypto-assets, doesn’t matter on the ICO or just “HODL” of any existing cryptocurrency. In this article, we’ll show you the TOP-10 of the Richest People in crypto-world.
Of course, due to the huge volatility of the market, all figures are approximate. Here you will see new names for you, names which are not a public or lucky investor with the strong previous background.
#1 Chris Larsen (Ripple)
- Co-Founder Ripple. Age: 57. Estimated Net Worth: $ 7.5B
- Larsen is an executive chairman of Ripple – crypto-asset with the strong centralization, developed to satisfy banking sector needs. Current MarketCap of Ripple is around 30B US Dollars. Larsen controls 5.1B of XRP (Ripple) tokens.
#2 Joseph Lubin (ConsenSys)
- Co-Founder – Ethereum and Founder – ConsenSys. Age: 53. Estimated Net Worth: $ 2.5B
- He has funded first stages of Ethereum development and own one of the biggest consulting company in the industry – ConsenSys which is currently operating in a different areas of the blockchain industry.
#3 Changpeng Zhao (CZ) (Binance)
- CEO Binance. Age: 41. Estimated Net Worth: $ 1.6B
- To create Binance as we know, takes less than 8 month and now Binance is one of the biggest crypto exchanges in the world. More than 6 million community, Binance has one of the longest list of trading pairs.
#4 Cameron & Tyler Winklevoss (Private Equity Fund and Exchnge)
- Founders of Winklevoss Capital. Ages: 36. Estimated Net Worth: $ 1B
- They have bought Bitcoin (BTC) in 2012 and made huge amount of money up to date. Additionally, they have launched cryptocurrency exchange, based in New York and it recently processed $ 300M in a daily transactions
#5 Matthew Mellon (Private Investor)
- Private Investor. Age: 54. Estimated Net Worth: $ 930M
- Matthew is one of those people who have foreseen a huge increase in cryptocurrency prices. His early investments in Ripple have made him a billionare.
#6 Brian Armstrong (CoinBase)
- CEO, Coinbase. Age: 35. Estimated Net Worth: $ 930M
- He has founded Coinbase in 2012 and since that time he it is one of the most popular entry point into the world of cryptocurrencies.
#7 Matthew Roszak (Bloq)
- Co-founder, Bloq. Age: 45. Estimated Net Worth: $ 900M
- Matthew Roszak bought his first Bitcoin in early 2011. Now after huge increase in Bitcoin price he has made approximately $ 900 Millions. He also established capital fund which invested in a lot of different cryptocurrency projects (e.g. Kraken, BTCC and Coinbase)
#8 Anthony Di Iorio (Jaxx)
- Co-founder, Ethereum; Founder. Jaxx. Age: 43 Estimated Net Worth: $ 830M
- Anthony Di Iorio is the guy who is entering at Pre-Sales. He buy on the lowest entry point and when company achieve some milestones, Anthony selling his part and looking further.
#9 Brook Pierce (Bitcoin Foundation)
- Chairman, Bitcoin Foundation. Age: 37 Estimated Net Worth: $ 780M
- Brooke was a child actor, but then he met Bitcoin and made huge profits. He is one of the earliest investors in Bitcoin and different startups like Coinbase and Mastercoin. Moreover, he says that he will donate $ 1 Billion to a Decentralized Autonomious Community run on blockchain.
#10 Michael Novogratz (Galaxy Digital)
- CEO, Galaxy Digital. Age: 53. Estimated Net Worth: $ 720M
- Michael Novogratz is a well-known hedge-fund manager. He made his first investment in cryptocurrency in the 2013 and two years later, he left all unassociated businesses and focused only on crypto-assets.
It was only ten people from all over the Globe and there are many more, left behind the scene. As you can see, all of them made their capitals because of their believes in crypto. Mostly they came in when Bitcoin price was aroung 10-300 US dollars per BTC. Now, even after strong correction, price is around 10k US dollars. But in future we will se people who made money on Bitcoin itself, but on different types of crypto-assets existing now. Down here you’ll see a comparison in growth rate between the strongest cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin growth rate was huge but in compare with others it was unnoticeable. Look at the graph, and you’ll see what do we mean.
One thing left for you to become one of these guys: Find an interesting project in which you’ll really believe and make you long-term investment (better on Pre-ICO) and in few years you’ll earn your billion. Just stay calm and believe in what you do. To be the first who know everything, subscribe to our official Telegram Channel