Squeezer ICO Review
Blockchain has broken limits and today it’s one of the most discussed technology with an army of followers and supporters. To make technology attractive for masses, we need developers who know the technical side of the blockchain, but it is hard to create blockchain applications now and that’s why Squeezer came up. They are creating own framework – Squeezer Framework to provide a user-friendly environment for development and deployment of the blockchain-based applications. It will be some sort of SaaS platform which will have all necessary things to develop your own app: Cloud Hosting, Coding Environment and so on. It will work on the subscription model, therefore, Squeezer team has created their own utility token SQZR.
SQZR token is a utility token which will be used as a mean of payment for using of the Squeezer Framework. Currently, the project is at Pre-ICO stage, let’s have a look at the main terms of their ICO and token functions:
- Pre-ICO dates: April 2, 2018 – April 16, 2018
- ICO dates: April 16, 2018 – May 31, 2018
- Total token supply: 385 000 000 SQZR
- Tokens for sale: 40 %
- Tokens for team and advisors: 20 % for the team and 5 % for advisors
- Pre-ICO bonus: 50 %
- ICO bonus: up to 40 %
There were no private sale or closed ICO round which means that Squeezer team is relying only on crowdfunding and their supporters. Currently, Squeezer project has sold more than 3 million of tokens at Pre-ICO.
Squeezer project does not have any lockup or vesting period for tokens allocated to advisors and team. It is not good condition, because team and advisors have more than half of the crowdsale allocation, therefore, there are a market manipulation risks, but actually, Squeezer has a working prototype and their NPM packs has been already downloaded more than 70k times. So it seems like project founders and advisors are here not only for speculation on the token prices but for constant development of the framework and permanent growing of the user base.
The team of the project and Advisory board
The team is very compact and includes only 7 members, but there is in-house blockchain developer (which is very rare in comparison to the industry) and people who are responsible for marketing, daily routine and technical lead. Let’s have a look at the executive team:
- Nick Chisiu – CEO and tech lead of the Squeezer team. His working experience has started from the freelance in SEO. It was in 2006, so the entire experience is more than 12 years within different companies, but mostly from IT industry. His skillset, is verifiable and has proofs from the colleagues, includes several programming languages and so-called full stack technologies (JS, HTML, CSS, Angular and so forth). Looks like he has enough competence to be a tech lead in such project like Squeezer Framework.
- Karl Eastwood – COO of the Squeezer. His working experience also has started in 2006, but he was mostly working as an accountant, bookkeeper and finance manager. Probably for his 12 years of the experience, he is quite familiar with a daily routine of the any given company and should be very skilled Operational Officer.
- Vlad Tarmure – Chief of Communications at Squeezer. Vlad is mostly responsible for external communications of the project. He is actively participating in Telegram Chat of the project and provide potential investors with the sufficient data. If you would like to know more about the project – ask Vlad. His previous experience mostly was from sales, but sales and communications are pretty similar in terms of key functions.
Before Squeezer team members weren’t working together and the only idea of their framework has united them into one ecosystem which is going to deliver software solution accessible by anyone, even without high programming skills. Now, let’s analyze advisors of the project. There are very famous names in the blockchain industry.
- Ali Kassab – Growth Partner of the Squeezer. This guy has huge experience in the investments field. He has founded 6 different startups providing people from all over the world with the consulting services. He is still developing four of these companies and two has been successfully sold. His competence in business operations will be extremely useful for the young and ambitious team of Squeezer. As an advisor, he is participating in two projects: Squeezer and ConnectJob.
- James Sowers – Blockchain advisor. He is an angel investor and founder of Crypto Specialist LLC. Previously, was participating at Coinlancer and Gizer ICOs.
- Igor Karavaev – Marketing advisor. One of the most reputable advisors at the moment. He was an executive director at Skolkovo – Russian Innovative Hub – and has already participated in many famous ICOs such as Sharpay, Faceter, Truegame, EiraCube and so on. His experience is useful not only for Squeezer but for the entire industry.
- Mofassair Hossain – Marketing and PR advisor. Also the very noticeable person in the blockchain world. He is the founder and CEO of the Perhalic. Previously has participated in different ICOs like SkyChain, NousPlatform, Paymon, GIFcoin and so on.
Partners of the project
There are 2 partners mentioned on the Squeezer website:
- MCRO Engineering. They are developing mobile enterprise applications and providing consulting services.
- Biscalex. They are mentioned as a partner of Squeezer but there is no publicly available information about this company.
RoadMap and a current state of the development
Squeezer roadmap includes 8 steps and starts from February 2016, when basic principles of the future Squeezer Framework were developed and added base functionality. For now, we are at the stage of Pre-Sale and ICO. All steps are clear and realistic.
The best thing for Squeezer project is working product. Minimum Viable Product of their framework is already publicly available as an NPM package. Another attractive detail is the number of downloads. According to the Squeezer website, their framework has been downloaded more than 75 000 times. There are no open stats to verify it, but NPM package is open and downloadable using command line tools. Additionally, they have created a bunch of documents to provide developers with an instruction on how to use the framework. It is available on the Squeezer website.
GitHub of the project is opened and anyone can check it (link is available on the Squeezer website). There are 14 repositories available (including MVP). Website of the project has its own separate repository and the biggest number of commits – 257.
According to the Squeezer whitepaper, main competitors for them are companies who are offering cloud environment for software development. Among the mentioned competitors a lot of famous names: Apex (Oracle); Claudia and so on. All of them are centralized solutions. On blockchain, we haven’t found exactly the same projects, but there a lot of different protocols who is offering decentralized apps development. The closest one, in terms of functionality, is Casper. Their ICO will start in May 2018, but their MVP has been already released.
Basically, Squeezer is very perspective project because blockchain as an industry is only at its infancy stage and there will be much more projects and applications built on top of the blockchain. It improves security and provides an ability for value transfer in a few minutes, so the potential is huge and companies who are working on the backside of the technology, like Squeezer, will be extremely successful because their product will make the life of the blockchain developers easier. Also, Squeezer is one of the TOP rated projects at different listings: ICObench (4.8); ICOmarks (9.4); ICOguru (4.2) which makes this project even more attractive to the potential investors.