WINk aims to build on its market position as a leading blockchain gaming platform through the consistent introduction of high quality dApps. This will be accomplished by leveraging the WINk team’s experience for game / ecosystem design and by enabling other development teams and users to guide the growth and direction of the platform through a unique governance mechanism.
- WINk is a gaming platform for users to play, socialize, and stake across multiple blockchain ecosystems. Through behavioral mining, innovative token economy design, and other incentive mechanisms, WINk has built an ecosystem that provides quality gaming experiences, enables developers to build dApps that drive adoption, and engages users to participate as active stakeholders.
- As part of a strategic investment from the TRON Arcade fund and in anticipation of sustained growth, the team has officially rebranded from TRONbet to WINk (Wink.org) to further reflect an ongoing commitment to community building and platform expansion.
KEY FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS
- Developer tools and APIs that allow teams to seamlessly integrate their projects or create unique gaming dApps from scratch
- Industry leading social features, live operations, and events
- Investment and strategic partnership with TRON
- WinDrop reward mechanism and unique token ecosystem
- Fiat onramps, stablecoins, and new DeFi integrations
- Governance model, content discovery engine, and ecosystem fund coming soon
- Curaçao and Costa Rica gaming licenses
Relative to more centralized gaming platforms, the TRON-based platform WINk provides a unique and compelling user experience:
- Games will have auditable smart contracts
- Most games will allow users to keep complete custody of their funds
- Users will receive cryptographic tokens and other rewards for playing
- Social features and exclusive events to engage the community
- Name-brand partnerships through TRON & BitTorrent to support dApp development and usage
WIN Token Ecosystem
WIN token, a TRC-20 utility token built on the TRON blockchain, is the native digital asset to be used in the WINk platform and incentivizes active participation from key stakeholders including developers and users.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of WIN token’s core use cases:
- Earning Win Power: WIN holders receive Win Power for staking WIN tokens
- Airdrops: Receive WIN airdrops for hodling the token
- Win Drop Staking: All dApps connected to the gaming platform will be sharing a portion of winnings with WIN token holders through the Win Drop
- Governance Rights: Ability to influence the development and direction of the platform through its governance mechanism
- Resource Burns: Alleviate transaction costs by staking WIN
- Exclusive Opportunities and Experiences: Participate in exclusive events, such as celebrity poker tournaments or car giveaways
- Gameplay Bonuses: High volume players and dApps that serve large user bases receive benefits for each transaction; Examples of benefits include direct discounts, increased payouts or accelerated mining rates
Token Governance & Use of Funds
As of 7/18/19 WIN has not used any of the funds that have been raised. However, projected 18 month cash burn is approximately $5MM and any funds raised will be spent according to the following allocations:
- [5%] Partnerships and community development
- [15%] Marketing
- [55%] Team FTE costs
- [3%] Product Development
- [4%] Equipment and software
- [13%] Legal and license
- [5%] Operational Costs
WINk boasts one of the largest communities in blockchain, with members actively engaged across multiple social channels. The social elements of WINk’s platform has mobilized the gaming community and contributed to repeated engagement and minimal churn.
WINk has multiple user acquisition channels given it is deeply embedded within the TRON and Bittorrent communities. With the acquisition of BitTorrent and its 100m MAU user base, TRON currently forms the largest decentralized network in the world. Introducing this pool of users to WINk provides new opportunities to experiment with digital assets and continue to generate widespread adoption of the ecosystem.
WINk will introduce the WinDrop reward distribution mechanism to the community as one of the first community growth strategies. The WinDrop will take place everyday and incentivize ecosystem participants with TRX. The amount of TRX distributed to each user will be proportional to the amount of Win Power they have accrued from staking WIN.
WinDrop will also help 3rd-party DApp tokens capture long-term value by giving players of these projects access to a larger rewards pool. Whether it’s an indie project bootstrapping their DApp or a AAA game studio building a blockchain game for the first time, game developers can avoid the complexity of building their own token economy by participating in WinDrop. More details about the WinDrop system will be released in the future.
WIN Token Airdrops
WIN token airdrops act as an additional incentive to attract users and developers to the platform. WINk intends to distribute WIN to holders of TRX, BTT, and many other TRC-based tokens to incentivize their participation. Airdrops will have no unnecessary friction - if users are holding the specified token, they will be eligible for WIN airdrops. All official wallets relaying on TRON’s network and carrying the specified tokens will be eligible for WIN airdrops corresponding to the amount they are holding.
The platform will be hosting several tournaments to engage the WINk community and TRON fans in general. Recently, the team hosted the very first Charity Poker Cup together with Binance, TRON, and Litecoin. This event brought together Binance Co-founder & CEO Changpeng Zhao, TRON Founder Justin Sun, Litecoin Founder Charlie Lee, and other leaders from industries including professional basketball, eSports, and entertainment.
The WINk team will be working closely with TRON to leverage all the opportunities TRON’s growing ecosystem has to offer. The WIN token will build on top of ANTE’s existing demand and liquidity by bringing in stakeholders from TRON, BitTorrent, and other communities across the blockchain. TRON’s strong relationships with industry leaders, including the top exchanges, will facilitate WIN’s further adoption.
Going forward, TRON will continue adding utility to the network with WINk being one of the earliest adopters.
- User acquisition channels: With several upcoming partnerships, TRON will bring DApps to a pool of over 300 million users. Similar to BitTorrent’s community, each new partner community will be introduced to blockchain and cryptocurrency through WINk’s games.
- Decentralized financial products: Integrations for stablecoins, security tokens, microloans, and more will bring new payment possibilities, easier on-boarding, and new forms of value generation.
- Decentralized development infrastructure: Integrations with products like the BitTorrent File System (BTFS) and the SUN network will provide new development possibilities for decentralized infrastructure.